Anti cancer diet: Keep cancer away
What is anti cancer diet?
One of the major ailments that are resulting in the death of many people globally is cancer. Contrary to common belief, excessive smoking is not the only reason for the growth of the cancerous cells in the body. One of the prime reasons for a person to be affected by cancer is due to an improper lifestyle and an unbalanced, unhealthy diet. There are certain foods which contribute to the growth of cancer by stimulating and providing nutrition to the cancer cells and there are some which minimize the risk of cancer even if it is a hereditary disease. Following an anti cancer diet will most definitely help you stay safe from not only cancer but from various other ailments. Let us now take a closer look at what to eat and what to avoid maintaining a proper anti cancer diet.
Things to avoid while following Anti Cancer Diet
The first step that must be taken to avoid or reduce the risks of getting affected by cancer is to follow an anti cancer diet. Following is a list of things that should either be avoided or taken in absolute moderation to prevent the risk of cancer.
- Fat consumption must be reduced. The diet should contain very low amount of saturated fat as the tumor cells thrive on low density lipoprotein. Also, consuming the improper kind of fat is considered more harmful than an excessive amount of fat consumption.
- Sugar consumption has to be reduced. Studies have shown that malignant tumors depend on glucose and thus, it is always advised to have a low sugar intake to prevent cancer.
- Omega-6 fat which is prevalent in dairy products stimulates the growth of fatty cells and in turn a person becomes more prone to cancer.
- Switching from red meat to sea food is also advised as the fat present in red meat gives rise to colon cancer. One can however take red meat occasionally with a diet comprising of vegetables and granular food.
Food which You can Eat under Anti-Cancer Diet
Enough said about that things you shouldn’t eat. If I continue writing about things that one should not eat, you will end up reading until tomorrow. So now, let us have a look at what exactly an anti cancer diet should contain.
- Increasing fiber intake is a must. Doctors always suggest that a diet consisting of high fiber is the best way to avoid colorectal cancer. 25 grams of fiber intake in a day is highly recommended.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away and rightly so. Pectin, the fiber which is contained in the skin of the apple nourishes the cells that are present in the intestinal wall which makes their immunity to resist cancerous cells more.
- Eating a lot of raw fruits and vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower to name a few contain 3 bio-chemicals which are termed as cancer protective. One of them is Indoles which reduce the risk of breast cancer and Sulforaphane being another blocks the enzymes which attract carcinogens in the healthy cells apart from boosting up the overall immunity.
- Try converting from a meat diet to a plant based diet; in other words, try converting into a vegetarian.
- Also, soy protein intake should be increased as it is a more healthy form of protein than meat.
Tips to introduce more veggies in your diet
By following certain tips and tricks, one can introduce more vegetables in their diet without even realizing it. This in the long run will definitely help to increase immunity against cancerous cells.
- Adding a fruit or nuts to your breakfast cereal is recommended to prevent cancer from thriving.
- Adding a plate of salad to your lunch meal including some beans and peas is a good idea. If you are eating a sandwich in your diet, make sure to include lettuce and tomatoes in extra amount along with a fruit such as an apple.
- Instead of eating roadside junk food for snacks, you can consume a banana or a fresh carrot or cucumber which will fill your stomach and act as a healthy diet.
- For dinner, add frozen vegetables to your staple diet. Adding a baked potato is also not a bad idea and creamy sauces should be replaced with sautéed vegetables to make the diet anti cancerous.
- Dark chocolate is preferred over a rich desert. A piece of chocolate and prevent anti cancer cells from growing in the human body. Also, a couple of slices of a fruit is not a bad idea.