Generate cancer awareness and take the first steps to eradicate cancer
- Cancer: According to the medical term cancer is known among the specialists and professionals as Malignant Neoplasm. It is a kind of disease in which the abnormal or unhealthy cells of the body start growing and dividing uncontrollably and as a result of this there develops malignant tumors that seeks to invade the different parts and limbs of a human body. Apart from cells cancer can also spread through the system of circulation of blood or the lymphatic system of the body. It is hard to single out any specificity as the sole reason behind this disease though several causes like consumption of huge amount of tobacco, obesity, improper diet, any bodily infections, environmental pollution and many more could be traced as the potential causes behind the development of cancer.
- Problems of lack of awareness regarding cancer: Cancer is such a disease that affects billions of people be it directly or indirectly and the consequences get even hazardous when the common mass lack basic cancer awareness in their households, community or society at large. Uncountable superstitions, myths create erroneous notions among people that eventually delay the process of disease detection and treatment. Though several other factors are also responsible that create obstacles in creating mass cancer awareness in rural set ups as well as in the urban megalopolises.
- Major obstacles in creating Cancer awareness: Several factors could be identified as hindrances that block generating cancer awareness. A number of developing countries all over the world require medical technology, infrastructure, and expert medical professionals that can prevent this disease from turning into an epidemic. In several parts of the world people consider cancer as a result of some evil curse or some evil spirits. Moreover, in countries like Africa, Egypt, Lebanon, and Zimbabwe, Mexico limited governmental participation and lack of resources also create trouble in creating mass cancer awareness. The third world countries always suffer from problems like poverty, illiteracy and as a result of this different religious beliefs and prejudices keep the common people blindfolded when it comes to gaining basic information regarding cancer and its prevention. According to the reports of World Health Organization’s statistical reports, in Africa, almost 80% of all the detection of cancer occurs only at a much delayed stage from which prevention of the disease gets more difficult and complicated.
- Generating cancer awareness in community: Different non-government organizations along with their alliances with their respective governments and specialist educators of cancer awareness are trying to make a move in order to create general awareness regarding the disease, its causes and symptoms, early detection and prevention. Basic information needs to be spread regarding the risk factors of cervical cancer. On the other hand training is required for the care educators about the latest means of cancer screening. Besides the occurrence of breast cancer is also growing rampant in all the Indian and African subcontinents as the rate of development of various infectious diseases are quite high in such countries.
- Global activities to create cancer awareness: Divergent organizations, specialists, common people from all over the world are participating in different activities concerning cancer awareness and in these initiatives a number methods and procedures are being followed. Walkathon is a great activism tool in which cancer awareness could be promoted along with raising money from various societal sectors. Different government and non-government agencies in the countries like US, UK, Chine, Russia, and Holland, Netherlands follow such campaigns in which servicemen; school students, homemakers and others participate with posters, banners, flags projecting different cancer awareness slogans and quotes. In this manner a huge number of common people get aware about the basic nuances of cancer and its remedial measures.
- Creating awareness over the internet: Different online cancer patient community sites are available in the internet that provides truthful and unbiased information to cancer patients, their families. CTCA cancer compass, Cancer survivors network, My cancer place are the majorly notable online cancer community where the patients can have free access to any knowledge concerning cancer, its signs and symptoms, remedies, medicines and also about the treatments in details. Moreover they can contact the specialists and renowned oncologists through these sites and interact about their respective problems. On the other hand these online cancer community sites also help patients to share their stories and experiences of sufferings and success that help generate a sense of integration and togetherness among the patients and their associates.